World’s Top 10 Tallest And Wonderful Monuments
These monuments from around the world are the tallest monuments; three of them are located in China and another three are in USA.
9. “The Motherland” statue, Volgograd, Russia
84 meter (276 feet) tall, 7900 ton sculpture, located at Mamayev Kurgan in Volgograd.
8. Statue of Liberty, Liberty Island, New York
93 meters (305 feet) tall statue standing at Liberty Island, New York in the mouth of the Hudson River in New York Harbor.
7. Statue of Peter I, Moscow, Russia
This statue is 94 meters (308 feet) tall.
6. Statue of Lanshan Buddha, Lanshan, China
Buddha near Lanshan, China, Lanshan. 71 meters (233 feet) tall.
5. Yellow Chinese emperors Huangdi and Yandi, China
103 meters (338 feet) tall statues.
4. Buddhist statue of Guanyin, Sanya, China
The Guanyin statue is 108-meter (354 feet).
3. Ushiku Daibutsu, Ushiku, Japan
120m (394 feet) above the ground, including the 10 m (33 feet) high base and 10 m (33 feet) high lotus platform.
2. Washington Monument, Washington, USA
The monument, made of marble, granite, and sandstone, is both the world’s tallest stone structure and the world’s tallest obelisk, standing 555 feet 5⅛ inches (169.294 m).
1. Gateway Arch, Missouri, USA
630 feet (192 m), it is the tallest man-made monument in the United States, Missouri’s tallest accessible building, and the largest architectural structure designed as a weighted or flattened catenary arch.